A Pioneer in Medical Ultrasound
Wake Forest School of Medicine’s Program for Medical Ultrasound has been at the forefront of teaching the art of ultrasound to physicians, sonographers and other allied health professionals since its founding in1975. From the basics to emerging technologies (such as elastography), we cover all your ultrasound training needs.
Discover what more than 25,000 course participants over the past 40 years have learned by enrolling in one of our courses—authoritative instructors, state-of-the art curriculum and facilities, and daily practical experience in dedicated hands-on scanning labs that reinforce classroom instruction and develop scanning technique. Lab sessions are limited to no more than six learners, so you will enjoy informal and effective interactions that ensure the time and money you invest in continuing education are well spent.
The Program for Medical Ultrasound is one of only two ultrasound training centers based at medical institutions in the United States. With nearly four decades of experience, faculty and guest instructors representing the best in the field of sonography; longstanding relationships with all major ultrasound professional organizations; and the support of industry partners, such as General Electric Healthcare, Philips Healthcare, and SonoSite, we offer a reputation you can trust and outstanding value for any medical ultrasound training need. Review our offerings and contact us today to reserve your participation in an immersive, hands-on learning experience where you will acquire new skills, form new relationships, and grow professionally.
- Founded in 1975 and operated continuously since
- 16 CME courses taught per year
- More than 800 course participants per year
- More than 25,000 course participants over the past 38 years from all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia and other 22 nations
- Strong industry partnerships with leading suppliers, such as General Electric Healthcare, Philips Healthcare and SonoSite
- Dedicated hands-on scan labs and small class sizes ensure informal and effective sessions that maximize return on investment of time and resources by course participants
- Three Wake Forest School of Medicine faculty members have served as president of the American Institute of Ultrasound in MedicineWilliam M. McKinney, MD (1974-1976) Frederick W. Kremkau, PhD (1997-1999) Lewis H. Nelson, III, MD (2003-2005)
- Hosted the Annual Convention of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Wake Forest School of Medicine has partnered with Orlando Health for 36 years in conducting the Annual Advanced Ultrasound Seminar: Ob/Gyn
- Hosted first North American Transcranial-Doppler Conference
- Hosted introduction of the Advanced Technology Laboratories HDI5000 system
- Introduced courses supporting newly emerged Doppler systems
- Introduced courses supporting newly emerged real-time (dynamic) imaging systems
Being at the forefront of teaching the art of ultrasound to physicians, sonographers and other allied health professionals could not have been possible without the strong support of industry partners.
The Program for Medical Ultrasound gratefully acknowledges support in the form of education equipment loans from the following:
- Diagnostic Health Group
- Esaote North America
- GE Healthcare
- Hitachi Aloka
- Philips Healthcare
- Rimed, Ltd.
- Siemens Healthcare
Learn more about registering for a course or partnering with the Program for Medical Ultrasound at +1.336.716.4505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.